Monday, July 14, 2008

Respect

It's been a while since my last post. Perhaps I have been busy or the kids have been not as cute as this blog would make them out to be. Probably a combination of both.

For whatever reason, Caroline seems to cry whenever she doesn't get her way. This has been going on for about a month. I want this blanket, sorry, Drew had it first. Cry. I wanted to sit here. Sorry, Isabella is already sitting there. Cry. You get the idea.

Drew has other issues. His sisters will be quietly sitting watching Wow Wow Wubzy or some other show on Noggin and Drew will be invited to "snuggle" on the couch with them. This works for about all of 30 seconds until Drew decides he doesn't have enough room. Depending on where he is positioned this results in punch in the arm or a kick in the head for one of his sisters. When he gets in trouble, he acts like he was the one who got hit and cries. I keep putting him in timeout, so much so that the other day, he threw something at Caroline, some plastic pig toy and before I even said anything, he said "I'll go to timeout."

So I was reflecting on Drew and Caroline's behavior yesterday with Bella. I said, "Bella, why are your brother and sister so crazy and you are so good?" She told me, "Dad, I went to kindergarten, I learned about respect." My mood immediately improved.

2 comments:

Garity said...

Out of the mouths of babes, right? Isn't it great to be pleasantly surprised with what the kids say...then there are those other times...

littlearch said...

I'm smiling a Grandma-kind-of-smile.
:-)